Interested in Becoming a Mentor?
Bright Minds Mentor
Bright Minds Mentors are individuals who want to have a positive and lasting impact on the life of a youth. He or she is a trusted person, who is caring and provides positive solutions and support. They also provide access to people, places, and things outside the mentee’s daily routine and environment. Bright Minds Mentors use written goal statements for each mentee as an ongoing touch point for the mentoring relationship. In addition to this, they help youth transition to middle school, high school, college, work, or career training.
• Active listener
• Flexible, open, and approachable
• Dependable and enthusiastic
• Nonjudgmental attitude
• Resourceful and able to support mentees as they strive toward their educational or career goals
Mentor minimum eligibility requirements
• Bachelor’s degree recommended, but not required
• Must be over 21 years of age
• Must complete an application
• Attend a face-to-face interview session
• Pass a level 2 background check
• Satisfactory employment and personal reference checks
• At least one year experience of youth development (i.e., mentoring, tutoring, recreational, and/or guidance counseling)
• Valid Driver’s license & current auto insurance
Director of Mentoring
If you have any questions, or need any additional information, please contact Director of Mentoring at 904-637-4720.